Terms and Conditions
Thank you for accessing this website: www.afashop.co.za
Please read through the Terms and Conditions as it affect your rights and liabilities under the law.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not order from Authentic Food Alliance.
These “Terms and Conditions” govern your relationship with Authentic Food Alliance (a company registered in Republic of South Africa).
Management of Authentic Food Alliance reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions from time to time, it is therefore important to check periodically for changes. The Terms and Conditions were last updated on the 1st of April 2021.
- In order to order goods from Authentic Food Alliance it is required from you to register; to register you must be older than eighteen years of age, or if a business register, it must be operated by a person older than eighteen years.
- You must ensure that all the details provided during registration or the placing of an order is correct and complete. Authentic Food Alliance can not be held responsible for not receiving your ordered goods if the delivery address or chosen collection point was not correct indicated on the order.
- Registration with Authentic Food Alliance is not a credit account; payment will be required for each order on the dates and times as indicated on the website.
- All payments to Authentic Food Alliance must be made by way of EFT. Orders must be accompanied by a full payment; at least 72 hours before the delivery of your goods. Authentic Food Alliance cannot accept any liability for how long it takes the banks to process the payment.
- Authentic Food Alliance reserves the right to suspend deliveries if the payment was not received on the required time, or postpone the delivery to the following week.
- Alternative payment methods can be arranged by contacting our office via the contact details on the website.
- Product purchases:
- You may submit orders for products by using the online ordering facility on the www.afashop.co.za website at any time. The website and all communication to you will be in the English language. The facility also allows you to review your order and make alterations in products and quantities of each product ordered, before submitting the order to us. By submitting the order you confirm that you have made any corrections and that the order is correct.
- Each product for which you click “Add to basket” is added onto your shopping cart facility. You are given the opportunity to review each product as well as its quantity in the “shopping cart”. When you “proceed to checkout” it is assumed that the order is final.
- Your submission of an order amounts to an offer to enter into a contract to buy products from us; subject to paragraph 4.2 you cannot then withdrew or cancel your order except as stated below. A contract for the sale of our products to you arises on our acceptance of your order.
- Where we accept an order, we do all that we can to ensure that your order is fulfilled. However, products are subjected to availability, and we do not always know if a product will be available at the time of accepting the order. If we are unable to deliver a product that you have ordered, we may offer a reasonable substitute. You may reject the substitute offer that will result in you not being charged with the product. If you have already paid for the product and do not agree to the proposed substitute, we will either refund you any amount paid for it, or will allow a credit on your account for the next order: the choice is up to you. We will immediately mark the product in the online shop as “unavailable”. We however, will bear no liability for unavailable products.
- Subject to clauses 4.6 and 4.7 below, the price that we charge you for the products will be the price stated by us on the website, prior to you clicking “proceed to check out”. All the prices displayed are inclusive of VAT of 15% if applicable.
- All products offered by us are subject to seasonable changes in supply levels and prices. Although we will try to keep prices the same through a season as much as possible, prices therefore may differ from time to time.
- Some products are priced by weight; for example broccoli. In instances like this, the product description in the online shop we clearly indicate the minimum weight requirement for the product.
- Ordering a product from us carries with it the obligation to pay for it unless we receive from you a cancellation before the deadline publishes on the website. We are also happy to inform you of the deadlines by telephone if you wish to call us. You remain responsible for ensuring that the cancellation is not only transmitted by you, but also received by us in time for the deadline. We therefore reserve the right to deliver and charge to the full for any order unless we have received notice of cancellation before the published deadline time. Any payments you have made for orders which have been properly and before the deadline cancelled, will be accredited to your account.
- We sell only to end-users and our products are not for re-sale. You warrant that you shall not re-sell any of our products.
- There is a minimum order amount of R200 (two hundred rand) excluding the delivery fees in place.
- Delivery of products and inspection by you:
- We will deliver your order to your address or collection point as indicated on your order. We however reserve the right not to deliver to all locations and we will let you know whether it will not be possible for us to deliver to your address. In such cases, you will be responsible to make suitable arrangements to receive your delivery by providing to us appropriate instructions.
- When deliveries are made to a private address and your order is stolen or damaged while there, we do not accept liability and will offer compensation at our discretion.
- Any changes to the delivery address details must be made before the the order deadlines as published on the website.
- We endeavour to keep your delivery day the same week after week, but we reserve the right to change it temporarily or permanently and will inform you if we do so.
- If we are unable to deliver to your or the collection point, or have to deliver late because of reasons beyond our control such as adverse weather conditions, strike actions on the roads, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or supplier failure, we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or loss that this may cause. We however have a contractual obligation to deliver the products to you, and if an order is not delivered for the reasons mentioned above, your account will be accredited.
- We will not charge you for incorrect products (products that you have not ordered or substitutes to products that you have not accepted). We will also not charge you for products which we have not delivered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You must inspect the products as soon as possible after receipt of the products and notify us immediately if you find any defects (not later than 12 hours after receipt of your order). You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to: . Please take a few photos as well and send it via WhatsApp to the number mentioned. We will replace the defective product free of charge with you next order or refund you upon your request.
- Although we maintain the cool chain during packing and transport, it is important that you refrigerate the products accordingly as soon as possible after receipt.
- Please remember to give all fruit and vegetables always a good wash before eating.
- Excluded services:
It is your responsibility and at your cost to obtain the internet connectivity and data as well as the necessary equipment to access our website.
- Availability of the website
- Although Authentic Food Alliance aims to offer you the best service possible, we cannot promise that our website services will meet your requirements and we cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free and always available at all places within the borders of the Republic of South Africa. If a fault occurs, please report it to us via the methods available on the website and we will correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction or updating of the product list. We will always restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. In the event however that the Website is unavailable, our usual order and cancellation deadlines apply.
- Cancellation rights:
Authentic Food Alliance may suspend or cancel any accepted order immediately at our discretion or if you breach any of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Warrantees and liabilities:
- Whilst Authentic Food Alliance tries to ensure that material included on the website or any other catalogue is correct, we cannot accept responsibility if, despite our endeavours, this is not the case. Without prejudice to your statutory rights, Authentic Food Alliance may correct any inaccuracies but will not be held responsible for any such inaccuracies or the results obtained from the use of such information.
- We warrant that the products purchased on our website will be of satisfactory quality. If the products however do not qualify please let us know. See paragraph 5.7 for the steps that should be taken. The warranty however will not apply to defects or bad quality due to mis-use, and/or neglect or accidents caused while the products are already in your possession (e.g. products that the quality deteriorates because it was not refrigerated in time).
- Authentic Food Alliance will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duties or under any express or implied term of the contract for:
- any losses that were not caused by any breach by us; or
- business or trade losses including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation and loss of business.
- Authentic Food Alliance’s entire liability in connection with the contract for the supply and purchase of products and will not exceed the purchase price of the products in question.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions means that our liability to you for death or personal injury or sickness from our negligence or that of our employees. Agents or sub-contractors is limited.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of our obligations due to events beyond our reasonable control such as but not limited to flood, fire, adverse weather, acts of God, strikes, labour disputes, riots, civil unrest, accidents, disruption of energy supplies, equipment or supplier failure road traffic problems, terrorism and war.
- This website and its content are provided “as is” excluding warrantees of any kind. Either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible of the applicable law. We accept no liability for functions contained on the site and make no warrantee that the site will operate uninterrupted and error-free. No warrant can be given that the website will be compatible with your computer equipment, or that the site is free of errors, viruses, worms or “Trojan horses” and we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of these destructive features.
- You acknowledge that your use of this website and its content and services are at your own risk. Except for liabilities which we cannot by law restrict or exclude, we shall have no liability to you or any third party for any direct, indirect or consequential damages including of profits, or any other damages of any kind weather based on warrantee, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- Applicable law:
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Authentic Food Alliance handles nuts and peanut products, gluten, soya, sulphites and dairy products.
- Promotional codes:
- Certain products may be put on promotion or special discounted process from time to time. The management of Authentic Food Alliance reserves the right to choose which products to put on a promotion, at what price and for what period.
- In terms of reward systems to frequent clients, a 2.5% discount is allowed whenever a client re-order within 7 days (168 hours). There is no time limitation to this offer.
- Copyright notice: This site and all its material, text, codes, software, videos, music, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork names, logos, formats, files and links contained in it or to it, are protected by copyright, trademarks and other rights of intellectual property owned by us or licenced to us. Anyone accessing this website is entitled to view any part of it.
- Copyright notice: However the content cannot be reproduced, or used (in whole or part) for any other purpose or in connection with another website or publication or for direct commercial gain.
- Copyright notice: Any links to this site must be notified to and approved by management before the link could be created or steps taken to create it. Websites or pages that are linked to this website (other than websites operated by us) are for information only and have not been reviewed by us. We carry no responsibility for the content of those websites or pages and accept no liability for any losses whatsoever that may be incurred as a result of any linking.
- Privacy statements:
- Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms and Conditions, nothing herein shall limit your rights as a consumer under the South African law.